Thursday 3 December 2015

Going Green - The Tiny Home Project

Yes, my dream is about to become reality.  I didn't think I was going to be able to pull this one off for at least two years, but it looks like I will be able to start this project in the spring once the good weather comes back.  I might even be able to pull it off sooner and will if can.

Yes the Grumpy Hobbit is going to be being build a tiny home on wheels.  I am going to have be living rather rustic for about six months, limited power, limited water, limited space while I do this, but it is something I am willing do and sacrifice for in order to make this dream come true.

How did it come about?  Well I have been trying like hell to find a place to rent out here in Simcoe that will permit a dog and isn't too expensive.  My long term goal was to sack money away to for some land and then do my tiny house.  Well I was getting really frustrate in finding a place, I have been looking for 3 months now and no luck.  So yesterday I decide to put an ad out there about the possibility of renting/leasing a 1/8th to 1/4 acre lot.  Farmers out here have sections of land that just can not be farmed, but they are good enough to park a trailer.  For the farmer, it is pure found money to rent/lease to me, for me it is the opportunity to my Tiny Home in the spring or sooner.

I already had one farmer respond to my inquiry and he offered me a full acre wooded lot for $250.00 a month.  For him it is three grand of income from a parcel of land that generates no income and they he still has to pay taxes on.  I don't need any services, because my final solution here is live COMPLETELY off grid.  What little natural gas I need can be supplied by a single 40 liter cylinder.

Yes I will be document the entire process, from design, costing, building.  So stay tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment